In addition to her work as Editor in Chief of yarnpeople, Babs also contributed two bonus patterns to Issue 3 | Cables, for those who pre-ordered the issue or purchased a four-issue subscription, the Cabled Pocket Scarf and the Cables Galore Hat
Hi there I’m Babs. My pronouns are she/her & I’m a middle class white woman, married to my ever patient hubby with two kids, a dog & a rabbit.
- I’m a human filled with contradictions…
- I’m intensely private & I have a few youtube channels.
- I was born to be a mother & cannot have kids.
- I love people & I’m desperately shy.
- I worked on an oil refinery in my first job, can swear like a trooper & I get embarrassed by the word gusset (which I need to use when designing socks).
- I can talk about nothing for hours & about anything important to me I become a mumbling idiot.
- I live to find win/win solutions, for me there is no such thing as a win/lose; it’s just lose.
- I have a kind trusting heart which gets broken frequently by other humans.
- I love to inspire others to achieve their dreams.
- I make because if I didn’t I’d go insane!
- I get stressed easily & begin to count everything around me.
- Knitting & crochet give me real reasons to count, while creating something beautiful.
- I live to help others & generally I can spot when that help isn’t needed & can back away.
- I constantly ask questions & explore new things.
- I come from a family that values education & I don’t have a degree (I chose to work rather than study; it was an option).
- I promised my parents that I’d get my degree when I got pregnant & stayed home with the baby, neither of those things ever happened (that wasn’t my choice).
- In my family of teachers & educators too many have been lost to dementia/Alzheimer’s.
- I love to sing & I torture everyone around me when I attempt to do so.
- I’m an old fashioned girl in a modern world.
- I love learning about history & new discoveries.
- I have often retreated to a world of fantasy & enjoy science.
- I read books almost constantly, I knit & crochet almost constantly…. not sure how this happens, maybe I’ve tapped into the fourth dimension without realising it!
- I love dogs & waited 20 years to get my second puppy.
- I adore kids & waited 11 years for a child to come onto my life.
- I’m sick of waiting for good things to happen to good people… now I’m making changes in the hope the ripple effect will create a better world for others.